Today’s Business culture makes it necessary for everyone to work hard. There is no occasion for shortcuts and no place for remaining in a comfort zone. This is managerial necessity for any organization that wants to survive competition. But it is not only about survival, it is about achieving dynamic and phenomenal success. This can be achieved only when each and every Manager has an eye for detail. Eye for detail enables the Manager to sense where the opportunity lies. It enables the Company to make products that excel, deliver services that meeting demanding expectations of clients. Such organizations soar high in contemplating and achieving their business goals. In fact highly motivated application of mind can only be triggered though eye for detail.
It is for the CEO to introduce and spread the “Eye for Detail” culture within the organization. This represents a passionate quest for quality that brings out products which simply excel. It is true for the products as it is for services. Eye for Detail is a unique program designed to help participants inculcate and imbibe this important facet in the organizational culture.
How you will benefit?
- You will not keep repeating the same mistakes. Eye for detail will change the way you look at things.
- The program will bring into focus causes of the past mistakes and offer possible solutions that will prevent their recurrence.
- It will open up your mind and tell you to focus on the process of everything that you do.
- You will always try to simplify work process and make the results more stable.
- It will develop in you the attitude to discover excellence through simplicity.
- Innovation will no longer be a maze. It will become a habit; something you can’t do without.
- Success stories of great innovators and their achievements will be a key part of the program. It will surely change the way you work.
- Developing an ability to discover an opportunity in any problem that you face?
- Understanding what focus is and remaining focused.
- Developing an ability to concentrate on anything that you must do.
- Maintaining enthusiasm during minor and major challenges in the course of managing productivity.
- Motivating people around you to have the same quest for quality, and hunger for achievement.
- Developing effective interpersonal skills is an part of the program
Who should Attend
- Team leaders who are handling important activities of the organization.
- Supervisors who have to ensure that the people align their efforts to the organization goals.
- Small and medium business owners. Independent consultants.